ACW's modernization projects begin with a complete engineering study of the crane and/or the supporting structure. Every ACW modernization project is performed turnkey by qualified crane technicians trained to carry out structural, mechanical and electrical modifications that can adapt your existing cranes to meet changed requirements. From the beginning stages to final commissioning, ACW completes every project on time.
A revitalized crane from ACW will not only improve its availability and reliability; it will also provide a safer working environment by implementing today's OSHA and ANSI compliance safety standards.
Items most often integrated in our modernizations include the following:
- Control upgrade (magnetic AC or DC, variable frequency drives, static stepless)
- Crane rewiring
- Motor rewinds or replacements
- Brake rebuilds or replacements
- Replacement of worn and damaged components
- Evaluation of wheels, gearing and shafting
- Replacement of seals and bearings
- Increase capacity
- Span and clearance changes
- Cleaning and painting
- Structural modifications
- Electrification upgrade
- Mechanical overhaul
ACW can apply current technology to equip your crane to meet today's demands, like new applications and new production needs. Our modernization team can perform on-site or off-site crane modernizations.